Hi, I’m Kok Rui1, a CS student at the National University of Singapore.
I’ll soon (Summer 2024) be a:
- Software Engineering Intern at Jane Street
I’ve previously been a / an:
- Security Software Engineering Intern at Databricks
- Software Engineering Intern at ByteDance / TikTok
- Software Engineering Intern at Trail of Bits
- Open Source Fellow at Facebook AI Research (FAIR) via the MLH Fellowship
In NUS, I’ve been a / an:
- Teaching Assistant for Algorithms and Programming Methodology
- Undergraduate Researcher in Asst Prof Manuel Rigger’s TEST Lab of the PL/SE Group
- High School Researcher in the Bioinformatics & Drug Design Group
I spend most of my time working on things under the umbrella of CS. I used to compete in Security CTFs and Hackathons which somewhat reflects my CS interests, but I’m open to anything that I find cool.
Back in High School, I was also heavily involved in Model United Nations, where I participated in more than 35 conferences in every academic capacity possible, and where I got the chance to visit new countries and stay in weird places, including the J.W. Marriott Beijing (for free) and a rented room with a cockroach problem in Kuala Lumpur (for a fee). All that remains is my love for travel.
Other things I like:
- Ball Sports (Basketball, Table Tennis, Football, Baseball)
- British Quiz Shows (Only Connect, Countdown, University Challenge)
- Functional Linguistics
- Theatre & Musicals
- Puzzle Hunts
- My Partner
My first name has two words, Kok Rui. My last name is Wong. “Kok” rhymes with “lock” / “rock” / “dock”, and “Rui” sounds exactly like “ray”, but it’s not a big deal to me and I appreciate any attempt to pronounce my name. ↩︎