Hi, I’m Kok Rui, a CS student at the National University of Singapore (NUS).
I’m also currently a (Summer ‘23):
- Software Engineering Intern (Security) at Databricks
I’ve previously been a/an:
- Software Engineering Intern (Security) at ByteDance / TikTok
- Software Engineering Intern (Security) at Trail of Bits
- Open Source Fellow at Facebook AI Research (FAIR) via the MLH Fellowship
In NUS, I’ve been a/an:
- Teaching Assistant for Algorithms and Programming Methodology
- Undergraduate Researcher in the NUS Test Lab
I spend most of my time working on things under the umbrella of CS. I used to compete in Security CTFs and Hackathons which somewhat reflects my CS interests, but I’m open to anything that I find cool.
Back in High School, I was also heavily involved in Model United Nations, where I participated in more than 35 conferences in every academic capacity possible, and where I got the chance to visit new countries and stay in weird places, including the J.W. Marriott Beijing (for free) and a rented room with a cockroach problem in Kuala Lumpur (for a fee). All that remains is my love for travel.
Other things I like:
- GeoGuessr (which I somehow play competitively)
- Ball Sports (Basketball, Table Tennis, Football, Baseball)
- British Quiz Shows
- Functional Linguistics
- Theatre & Musicals